2 cups milk
2 fresh bread slices (edges removed)
1/4 cup condensed milk
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
a few saffron (kesar) strands
1. Slice off edges of bread and discard. In a food processor or blender grind bread slices. Should be crumply – put aside.
2. In a pot pour the milk and bring to boil.
3. Add bread crumbs, condensed milk and sugar and cook on a high flame, while stirring continuously (approx. 10 minutes).
4. Turn off heat and remove from stove
5. Add cardamom powder and saffron and mix well.
6. Pour mixture in a dish and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
7. Serve chilled.